We are in the home stretch before the end of the 2020-2021 school year! Students are so excited for summer and some are even talking about grade 1! It has been fantastic to see the growth and enthusiasm as the weeks flew by and I can only imagine experiencing that from a parents perspective!
I'll be sending an email with a year end message next week, until then, here are some updates!
Updates/Important information:
Seeds: Our classroom seeds are coming along nicely. Students have recognized some differences and similarities in the sprout and even started spotting some of the flowers parts, which we will be discussing more in depth. If you're curious to see what is going on under the soil, please see this time lapse of a pea growing!
Insects:
We are finishing off our insect unit, and have enjoyed learning about insects under ground and above ground, body parts and the secret life of insects! Did you know ladybugs aren't born with a hard shell?
*If you have not sent your child to school with an egg carton, please do so. We will be using these next week!
Morning centers:
This week we challenged ourselves with puzzle as well as sight words for our Alpha booklets. Some were more challenging than others and required perseverance!
Last day of school:
I wanted to correct my mistake from last weeks blog. The last day of school is Monday, June 28th.
We will have a BEACH DAY themed day, where students can dress up and be festive!
A few ideas of things to wear or bring:
-beach towel (we will have snack outside on our towel)
-beach ball (to play with outside-hopefully it'd not too windy!)
-shorts + t-shirt + flipflops + sunhat
-straw skirt
-sunglasses
*Also, please send a reusable bag to bring home shoes, visual journals etc. Not everything will fit in their backpacks!
I would like to send a giant welcome to Mme Caroline. I will be sending out an email tomorrow with her introduction, I have no doubt she will be an amazing addition to our kinder family. With that being said we are also saying goodbye to Mme Lynley, we wish her nothing but the best moving forward!! Here is a message from Mme Lynley: Bonjour! Goodbyes are always bitter sweet. I am sad to leave Tuscany School (and your amazing kids!) but I am excited for my next steps in the world of education. I have absolutely enjoyed getting to know each and every one of our kindergarten students. They each have their own unique personalities and gifts. I will miss the laughter and the stories that we shared everyday. Thank you for this wonderful learning opportunity. Teaching is one of those crafts that is honed only by doing. I have learned so much from Mme Chelsey and your children. I will always remember these kids and what they have taught me. Thank you so much for this opportunity. I ...
I hope everyone has a wonderful and relaxing break, I cannot wait to hear all about it when we come back in January. This week we have been practicing how to decompose numbers using number bonds. We looked at how many different ways we could break down each number and practiced how to fill in number bonds using dominos. This activity went home in their math bags today- we will be doing this activity on January 6th, so no need to start until we are learning online. The kids also made tree ornaments for you using Shrinky Dinks. They traced their hands and decorated them like Santa. We had so much fun this week watching the Winter Celebration, wearing our festive wear and wearing our PJ's. Important dates: December 18th - No school January 4th - No school
Bonjour chers parents, We have had a fantastic first few days together, here in kindergarten! Lots of fun, learning, growth and laughs have been shared! I very much look forward to the next two months, where the students and I will get to know each other better, and continue our learning and growing together! New and Exciting! -We have been discussing weather during our morning routine and have added the job of "météorologue" to our calendar routine! Students have learned words such as "pluvieux" (rainy), "ensoleillé" (sunny), "venteux" (windy), "nuageux" (cloudy), "enneigé" (snowy) etc. Here is a song we use to accompany our learning: -Many new activities have been introduced to our center time this week! Please feel free to ask your child about their favourites and what skills they are developing while playing! -As the days are getting warmer (hopefully?) and exciting spring changes are starting to be more visible, we will...
Comments
Post a Comment