April 12th-16th
I would like to send a giant welcome to Mme Caroline. I will be sending out an email tomorrow with her introduction, I have no doubt she will be an amazing addition to our kinder family. With that being said we are also saying goodbye to Mme Lynley, we wish her nothing but the best moving forward!! Here is a message from Mme Lynley:
Bonjour!
Goodbyes are always bitter sweet. I am sad to leave Tuscany School (and your amazing kids!) but I am excited for my next steps in the world of education. I have absolutely enjoyed getting to know each and every one of our kindergarten students. They each have their own unique personalities and gifts. I will miss the laughter and the stories that we shared everyday. Thank you for this wonderful learning opportunity. Teaching is one of those crafts that is honed only by doing. I have learned so much from Mme Chelsey and your children. I will always remember these kids and what they have taught me.
Thank you so much for this opportunity. I wish all our kids the best and know that they will have an amazing final 2 months of kindergarten!
Mme Lynley
This week we did a review of all the different vocabulary we learned so far this year along with a giant Alpha review. We practice each letter sound and worked on how to say the letter name in French. We learned one of our final Alphas as well -Xx. The next step in the Alpha program is that each Alpha transforms into a letter and they hide in books all over the world. So keep an eye out when you are reading stories at home to see if you can recognize any alphas.
We also reviewed our numbers-and we can now count backwards from 25 with the help of a number line. We are working on strategies to also identify more challenging numbers- for example if we do not know what 16 is in French, instead of starting at 1 and counting forward we start at 10.
Important dates:
April 16th-PM kinder
April 23rd-Am kinder
April 26th- NO SCHOOL PD Day
Comments
Post a Comment