This week we learned all about nutrition and the three food groups in the Canadian Food Guide. We have also created actions to go with each food group- Can your child tell you the actions of each food group?
We talked about how to properly fuel your body and how to make a healthy meal.
Here is the song we have been learning this week to help learn the names of some fruits : J'aime les fruits
We also learned how to create a pictograph sharing different information about our food groups. We also looked at how to read the graph to see which group was the most popular and which group was the least popular.
We had a presentation by our elder Saakokoto. He told us a story that has been passed down in his family for generations. It was all about being brave and how to work through hard problems and mistakes.
We only have two Alphas left!! We learned the letter "Gg" this week, we discovered that it sometimes makes the same sound as "Jj" which can be tricky sometimes.
* I will be going on Mat Leave as of April 16th. I will no longer have access to emails after this point so please contact the replacement teacher or the office with any questions you may have. I will provide more information about who my replacement will be once I have her permission.
April 9th- AM kinder
April 16th-PM kinder
April 23rd-Am kinder
April 26th- NO SCHOOL PD Day



Comments
Post a Comment